ART 105G: Second Graded Paper
The theme of this paper is Playing with Risk: Risk and Play.
Risk is a multifaceted concept that is about uncertainty and probability as they relate to the potential of unwanted or dangerous consequences. Risk can be seen in personal behavior, governmental policy, and fields ranging from business to medicine. Risky behavior can be rewarding or result in undesirable outcomes. It can also be defined as exposure to a high degree of uncertainty and vulnerability. The assignment is to locate at least one text in a scholarly journal or book on an aspect of risk and link that to a personal experience that you have had in your life or have read about and found compelling. Use the article(s) to contextualize your own experiences and ruminate on this subject. It is a complex topic. It is important that you critically analyze it using both the article(s) and your own life’s experiences.
As with all papers it is important that the following elements are included in this paper:
1. A short introduction in the opening paragraph.
2. A conclusion at the end.
3. A well conceived articulation of the subject including correct grammar and spelling, with support from the article(s) or books covering the subject matter.
4. List of works cited with the publication information.
This paper will utilize a peer review process and the final grade will account for 15% of the overall course grade. Any papers turned in late will be lowered 1 grade unless there is substantial justification.
The video below takes you through a sample, multidisciplinary search on risk and sport.
- To see the video below in full screen (more legible), use the full screen icon that appears at the bottom of the video screen, next to the volume bar, when you scroll over the streaming video:
- To close the Full Screen, hit the ESC key.
- To Pause, exit the Full Screen and use the Pause and Start icons on the bottom left of the small screen; the mouse rollover will display these options. The Pause icon is below: