Mendeley is a web and desktop based application designed to help you gather, organize and cite all your references.
- Get started by creating your Mendeley account on the web, download the desktop application (Microsoft Windows, Mac, Linux) on any number of computers, and access Mendeley Manager web. Sync your Mendeley library between all your workspaces.
- Install the brand-new citation tool, Mendeley Cite compatible with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Word versions 2016 and above and with the Microsoft Word app for iPad®.
- Install the Web Importer to save citations from databases and websites.
If you are using an earlier version of Word, you can use the existing Mendeley Citation Plugin for Word available with Mendeley Desktop. The Word Plugin is compatible with Windows Word 2007, 2010, 2013; Mac Word 2011, 2016; and LibreOffice.
A free Mendeley account provides:
- Personal Web Space with 2GB of storage space (about 2,000 to 8,300 PDFs depending on the size of the PDF).
- Shared Web Space to create private groups with a maximum of 25 people per group.
The Mendeley Support site is a great place to look more information on all aspects of the program.